Thursday 5 August 2010

End of The Honeymoon Period

As I'm sitting here, in the office, doing research on keyword trends for the stag and hen industry - I can't help but feel a brooding anger rise up inside me. I'm having to deal with a whole bag of lies; constant taunts beckoning forth resentment, infuriating me by blatant misrepresentation of facts. It has affected my concentration to the point that I can't help but now sit and glare at a bunch of what are most definitely not 'seedless' grapes.

As much fun as I've had thus far in writing about all the cool things you can do through staghenscotland.com (shameless plug) for your stag or hen night (popular keyword search), it turns out that there's little point in writing articles (such as this) for a website if nobody's ever going to read them. People often use the phrase "Google is your friend", which is all nice for you lot but Google and I are about to fall out.

It is impossible to please everyone, and no matter what you do - somebody's not going to like it. This has never really bothered me before, until I now find myself having to write in a style that's interesting to both potential stag or hen peoples, and a bloody internet search engine. And it's the craziest things too; it searches for things you've got written in bold, the names of the pictures on the page, how many links point to the page from other pages. I tell you, it's quite tedious!

I got introduced to another side of the business this week though - apparently we've recently bought out Club Class Bus. Yeah, I'd never heard of it either. Basically a double-decker bus that's fitted with leather seats and big plasma screens and funky lights - or 'a limousine for the extremely popular'. It sounds pretty cool, and I've been promised a trip on one at some point. There are rumours going round about a staff party in Manchester next month, so that should be alright!

Things are though very much settling down in the office. When I go in, that is... I still get to work from home whenever I want. It's not that I don't like it in the office - the boss has a good taste in music (I work in the headmaster's office, d'oh!) and (I have to be nice because they'll probably read this) the people I work with are all good people. I don't think they're taking me quite as seriously as I'd like though, as they totally disregarded my suggestion for a new bus design:



LOOK AT THAT HANDSOME DEVIL ON THE BUS!

Och, in time good friends! In time...

Laters!

-Kenny

No comments:

Post a Comment